Monday, February 15, 2010

Keys to Unlocking Your Restaurants Hidden Potential

This is actually Tom's Restaurant, NYC. Famous...Image via Wikipedia


There are two types of people reading this article right now: The first is saying to themselves, "My restaurant is failing to meet the bottom line, and I need to make some changes."
The second is thinking, "My restaurant has been producing satisfactory results with the processes I currently have in place. The system's not broken and I'm not going to fix it." Well, let me be the first to say that no matter what your situation is, there is always room for improvement. Which brings me to my first topic...Why Change?

Complacency

It is human nature to fear change, and in doing so, we often miss some rather wonderful opportunities along the way. As far as long term survival is concerned, history has shown us that when entities fail to adapt and evolve they eventually become extinct. Such is life - and such is the way of the restaurant business.
The global economic landscape is rapidly changing, and restaurant owners and managers that fail to compensate for those changes may find themselves in a rut, or worse, in a downward spiral. It is essential to constantly assess your restaurants strengths and weaknesses. Is your staff performing at optimum levels? Are your expenses in line? Are my customers satisfied?
If the answers to all of the aforementioned questions is "yes!", congratulations! You are fairing better than many of your competitors. But, don't break out the champagne and ticker tape just yet, because I submit that things can still be better. The true brass ring is always just out of reach, and when we no longer pursue it we do a disservice to ourselves, our employees, and our guests.
In upcoming posts, I will examine in detail several techniques and procedures that will help to identify strengths and weaknesses existing within your organization, and proven measures that can be taken to substantially improve your businesses' current situation, no matter what that may be!
Thanks for sharing your valuable time with me today! For additional access to some of the features of this blog, please be sure to register. Until next time...mangi bene e sia bene! Grazie!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind - leave a comment...